[MARHMIS] Job opening in Albany, NY
We’re looking for a new HMIS Data Specialist here at CARES, Inc. If you know anyone in the Albany area who would like to apply, send ‘em my way! One of my team members was promoted to the CoC team J
Database Specialist:CARES, Inc. is a not for profit based in Albany, NY dedicated to supporting our community in creating a system of care to prevent and end homelessness and is seeking a Database Specialist to join the HMIS team. CARES, Inc. offers generous time off, health, paid holidays and a friendly, professional work atmosphere.
Database Specialist Job Duties:
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
- Secures database by preparing access and control policies and procedures; implementing disaster recovery procedures.
- Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations, and technical support teams.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reports out on database with basic analysis and trending
- Supports users via helpdesk and explanatory data committee meetings
- Works with team to develop new and innovative ways to disseminate data to the community
Database Specialist Skills and Qualifications:Database Management, Data Maintenance, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Requirements Analysis, Attention to Detail, Database Security, Developing Standards, Database Performance Tuning, Operating Systems. Web design experience a plus.
Salary begins at 40K
Director of HMIS Program and Services
P: (518) 489-4130 x103 F: (518) 489-2237
200 Henry Johnson Blvd, Suite 4, Albany, NY 12210
Visit us at www.CARESNY.ORG