JOBS: Data Analyst (Baltimore City, MD)
Data Analyst II
Reports To: Data Systems Manager
Position Level: 5
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Job Classification: Full Time
Position Summary: This position is primarily responsible for assisting with the collecting, compiling, analyzing, and reporting of data associated with HRM’s Measuring Success Outcomes model. The Data Analyst works with HRM’s client database system (ETO) to maintain and clean data, ensure integrity of internal data, provide easy to read reports and queries related to the data, and trains and supports staff as needed. The Analyst also works with external agencies associated with the project to assist them in similar activities. A moderate amount of travel within the State of Maryland is required for this job.
· Assists Database Manager to maintain integrity of ETO database through data quality review. Maintain records of clients, ensuring accurate and current history, using ETO database software and error checking routines; assist staff with “cleaning” data as needed. Analyzes data for quality, merges duplicates, and provides feedback regarding data quality to program staff.
· Works with agency departments to ensure integrity of data collection related to the Measuring Success Outcomes project. Assists staff with resolution of data related errors; provides basic ETO and general technology trouble-shooting for all staff.
· Produces program specific and agency wide reports on Measuring Success outcomes. Assists staff in analyzing outcome data.
· As part of the Measuring Success VOCA grant, assists Maryland IPV organizations with identifying their data collection, storage, and reporting needs. Presents options for these activities and provides technical assistance to organizations in the implementation process.
· As part of the Measuring Success VOCA grant, collects aggregate data from participating organizations, compiles and analyzes it, and organizes it into a quarterly report.
· Enters client data from internet or other data collection sources.
· Marks client files for reporting and compiles data to complete grant statistical forms to meet established deadlines. Runs established data queries to identify data subsets needed for reporting or program evaluation.
· Responds to ad hoc data requests; assists program staff to identify available data supporting reporting needs.
· Provides support to research grant efforts including administrative support and implementation of data collection procedures and contributes to funder reports.
· Maintains process documentation of activities, services, and query methods and outputs for reports to funders.
· Other duties as assigned.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
· Makes recommendations to the Database Manager for program enhancements/improvements.
· Makes recommendations to project participants for data collection tools and methods.
· Trains internal and external staff on outcomes, data collection, and reporting.
· Makes corrections to errors in database where directed.
Measures of Success and/or Accountability:
· Meets standards for efficiency, quality of data entry, and timeliness in meeting deadlines.
· Reports produced are easy to read and show flexibility in response to changing needs.
· Effectively assists the Database Manager with statistical analysis.
· Maintains a high level of understanding of the client database system and remains up to date with new database features to relay to staff.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
· One year experience in building, modifying, implementing or maintaining database software.
· Experience with client databases preferred; Efforts to Outcomes software and SAP’s Web Intelligence suite (Business Objects) preferred.
· Advanced EXCEL skills required. General proficiency with other computer software programs (MSWord, internet, e-mail, etc.).
· Ability to analyze and understand database components and structure to create and run queries and to help others define reporting criteria.
· Familiar with outcomes measurement and basic research methods.
· Able to troubleshoot basic computer problems.
· Training or technical assistance experience highly preferred.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills; excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
· Understanding and sensitivity to intimate partner violence issues.
· Ability to work with people from different backgrounds.
· Must be able to move efficiently through multiple tasks, as well as work with direction but often independently, as well as, within a team.
· Ability to pass a criminal background check.