Bachelors degree is required
Current driver's license w/ no more than 3 points
2-3 years related experience
Must be at least 21 years old
Position is grant funded through February, 2020 with possibility of renewal
This position is responsible for providing intensive casework services to clients of The Weinberg Housing and Resource Center (WHRC) with a strong focus on obtaining stable and permanent housing. This includes working as a team member of the Triage Intake Coordination process and assisting clients in establishing shelter resident goals and developing resident plans for meeting 30/60/90 day objectives.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with the Resident Triage Intake Coordination team to provide client care by providing intensive, weekly case management services (and monthly interdisciplinary team meetings).
• Work with clients to primarily focus on improving quality of life in obtaining stable and permanent housing, goal setting, case planning and personal development.
• Assist the Resident Intake Coordinator in scheduling and getting client participation in 30/60/90 day team meetings.
• Maintain casework files on each client according to policies and procedures and organize and record information into ETO and HMIS in a timely manner.
• Provide support, advocacy, information and referral services to men and women who are clients of the WHRC.
• Maintain communication with outside service providers regarding case plans for clients.
• Assures that each client receives services in a dignified and respectful manner and in accordance with program's philosophy.
• Participates in strategic planning for the program and serves on committees as requested by supervisor.
• Facilitate groups as needed.
• Provide after care services to clients for up to twelve months
• Assist the Resident Intake Coordinator in maintaining the Daily Shelter Roster and documenting case management notes in team meetings.
• Participate in and accurate track case management progress for 30/60/90 team meetings in HMIS and ETO.
• Keep records, collect and input data and report statistical information to Supervisor and the Operations Manager.
• Maintains client files in an organized fashion.
• Motivate and empower clients to establish and reach goals, including obtaining information from clients such as: client's interests, aptitudes, and abilities for developing case plans.
• Use strength based coaching model to help clients overcome obstacles to reach desired outcomes.
• Use Motivational Interviewing and Trauma Informed Care to assist clients through the change process.
• Ensures client confidentiality is maintained in accordance with HMIS guidelines and requirements.
• Support the WHRC team purpose in coordinating services and providing stable and permanent housing to WHRC clients; participating in the planning and coordination of the Triage Intake Coordination process.
• Possess knowledge of and comply with mission, philosophy, policies and procedures of WHRC, including a working knowledge of program services provided at WHRC and within Catholic Charities.
• Works as a member of the WHRC team in collaboration with all other employees and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services to all clients.
• Participate in meetings and trainings as requested, to include substance abuse, health and mental health sensitivity training.
• Provide hospitality to all clients with dignity and respect.
• Ensures good stewardship of resources at WHRC.
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work, or related field required. Two years related work experience required. A minimum of one year of experience working with at risk individuals. Must have ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form; organize and prioritize work; develop beneficial working relationships service providers; pay attention to details; work independently and as a productive member of a team; and meets established deadlines and goals. Competent computer literacy including a working knowledge of word processing, database management and ability to use e-mail and the internet effectively.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
The ability to be flexible with schedule and shift changes with the ability to work days, weekends and holidays. Must be accessible by phone. Ability to travel to other locations to meet with clients, attend meetings and perform other agency business. If traveling on agency business, a valid driver's license with no more than 3 points is required. Must be physically capable of moving throughout buildings that have stairs. Must be able to see and hear sufficient to perform duties of position and be able to respond to clients in needs of assistance.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMITMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position must be consistently performed using the following behaviors:
1. Honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
2. Encounter each person with Compassion.
3. Act with Humility.
4. Reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
5. Serve with Excellence.
6. Act with Integrity in everything you do.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.