SAMHSA Webinar on Mental Health Mobile Apps & Telemental Health -- 8/29 at 1:30 p.m. ET
Join SAMHSA’s webinar on mental health mobile apps and videoconferencing-based telemental health
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. ET
Register today at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6589305408312214530
(1) An Evaluation Framework and the Future of Mental Health Mobile Apps
About Our Speaker: John Torous, MD, MBI, is director of the Digital Psychiatry Division at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospital. Dr. Torous is a member the American Psychiatric Association’s Committee on Mental Health Information Technology.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide an overview of the current landscape and future of mental health apps
- To provide an overview of the APA’s App Evaluation Model for informed decision making using apps
- To describe privacy and security issues around the use of apps
- To describe current evidence for and against apps.
- To describe usability issues with apps that patients may encounter
- To describe appropriate data sharing and interoperability
(2) Best Practices in Videoconferencing-Based Telemental Health: An Overview
About Our Speaker: Jay Shore, MD, MPH, is director of Telemedicine at the Arthur and Helen E. Johnson Depression Center at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Dr. Shore is the Chair of the American Psychiatric Association’s Committee on Telepsychiatry.
Goals and Objectives
- To provide an overview of the current best practices in telepsychiatry
- To provide a summary of the current policy challenges around telepsychiatry
- To describe administrative, technical, and legal considerations around telepsychiatry
- To describe clinical and policy implications when implementing telepsychiatry
This message may contain privileged and confidential information intended solely for the addressee. Please do not read, disseminate or copy it unless you are the intended recipient. If this message has been received in error, we kindly ask that you notify the sender immediately by return email and delete all copies of the message from your system.