JOBS: Program Director, Weinberg Housing (Baltimore, MD)
JOB TITLE: Program Director, Weinberg Housing and Resource Center (WHRC)
SUMMARY: This individual is accountable to the Administrator for the delivery of services at the Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Housing and Resource Center. The Director will have overall responsibility for all functions and activities of the Center with emphasis on program development, financial and business operations of the program, strategic planning and community relations.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of the WHRC mission, goals and objectives in alignment with Catholic Charities’ mission, values and commitments.
• Responsible for strategic planning for the WHRC and assigned programs.
• Implement recommendations from strategic planning and other issues as identified by management staff as well as community partners.
• Responsible for the direct supervision of assigned members of the WHRC management team; and overall supervision of the entire WHRC staff-including hiring, orienting, training, coaching, evaluating, as well as staff performance management in accordance with ACC personnel policies and following procedures established for the WHRC by the Administrator.
• Participate in and assign staff to attend city meetings (COC; resident council meetings; HMIS etc.) in order to ensure a continuum of services
• Develop and implement communication and data sharing systems between staff of Employment Services, Operations, Admissions/Placement, Client Training and Caseworkers.
• Promote on-going professional development for center staff.
• Develop yearly budgets in consultation with the Administrator and Division Director and monitors the budgets regularly.
• Participate in regular budget meeting with finance to determine the need for modifications.
• Monitor budget expenditures.
• Responsible for the overall operations of the WHRC which includes the overall maintenance and cleanliness of the building through supervision of Program Manager of WHRC Operations
• Develop and enforce policy and procedures for WHR Center.
• Work cooperatively with the Baltimore City Department of General Services to address building maintenance issues.
• Work cooperatively with the Mayor’s Office of Human Services and other community partners within Baltimore City.
• Network and cooperate with other service providers to ensure necessary and consistent services are provided for individuals who are poor, homeless, and in need.
• Ensure resident council meetings are occurring on a consistent basis and action steps from the meetings are followed through in a timely manner.
• Ensure good stewardship of resources within WHR Center.
• Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely, organized and accurate manner.
• Oversee fund raising, donor relations, fund development and volunteer management.
• Ensure the implementation of motivational interviewing and other best practice models to help clients overcome obstacles to reach desired outcome.
• Oversee and review Center operations to ensure that standards have been established and maintained in concert with the purpose of the Center, making homelessness rare and brief and providing access to permanent supportive housing.
• Keep abreast of trends in housing and homeless services. Researches and recommends future development of programs.
• Work cooperatively with Community Services programs and other Catholic Charities Divisions to ensure a continuum of services and to avoid duplication of services. Participate in meetings and trainings as requested, to include substance abuse, health and mental health sensitivity training.
• Support the WHRC team purpose in coordinating services and providing stable and permanent housing to WHRC clients; participating in the planning and coordination of the Triage Intake Coordination process.
• Works as a member of the WHRC team in collaboration with all other employees and volunteers to deliver the highest quality services to all clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Assist with data collection, program evaluation, and report generation to the Operations Manager of WHRC and external funding sources, as directed.
• Assist with the monitoring of reports and use of ETO and HMIS software as needed to evaluate relevant area of responsibility (e.g., program operations and volunteer management).
• Ensures client confidentiality is maintained in accordance with HMIS guidelines and requirements.
QUALIFICIATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Business, Management or related field required. Minimum of five years of related experience of which 5 years were in a management capacity required. Master’s degree preferred. Strategic planning, fiscal management, program development and experience in a facility that provides multiple and/or residential services desired. Other requirements include: excellent verbal, written, listening, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to set and manage priorities and deadlines. Excellent judgment, problem solving and decision making skills. Demonstrated ability to operate the program in an ethical manner upholding the mission and philosophy of Catholic Charities and WHRC. Individual should be mission driven, have a positive attitude and a commitment to excellence. Competent computer literacy including a working knowledge of word processing, database management and ability to use e-mail and the internet effectively. Ability to communicate and implement the vision and purpose of WHRC and present a warm and welcoming attitude toward to staff, volunteers, clients, and to the community organizations.
The ability to be flexible with schedule and shift changes with the ability to work days, evenings weekends and holidays. Must be accessible by phone. Must have the ability to travel to different locations for meetings and training.
If driving on agency business, must have a valid driver’s license with no more than three (3) points. Must be physically capable of moving throughout the building. Must be able to respond to clients in need of assistance.