The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Homeless and Housing Resource Network (HHRN) is hosting a three-part Spotlight Series, Taking Behavioral Health Care to the Streets. This series will discuss how to provide behavioral health care in unsheltered environments.
The first webinar in the series is coming up soon – register today!
Behavioral Health-focused Outreach and Engagement Thursday, April 25, 2019 3:30-5:00 PM EDT Register Today
In this webinar, participants will learn about the need for behavioral health-focused outreach and engagement, as well as how to implement outreach and engagement strategies and build relationships with clients. The following panelists will share their expertise in behavioral health and homelessness:
- Barbara DiPietro, PhD, Senior Director of Policy, National Health Care for the Homeless Council and Health Care for the Homeless of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- Brian Bickford, MA, LMHC, Central Massachusetts PATH Team Leader, Eliot Community Human Services, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Amanda Buccina, RN, Street Outreach RN, Sacramento, California
- Tracey Knickerbocker, BA, Mobile Crisis Support Team Peer Navigator, TLCS/Hope Cooperative, Sacramento, California
Participants will learn how to:
- Provide person-centered, behavioral health-focused outreach in encampments with an emphasis on building trust and meaningful relationships
- Engage unsheltered people with serious mental illness through multi-disciplinary teams, peer specialists, and trauma-informed care
- Incorporate behavioral health considerations into organized efforts to support individuals in encampments
Please save the dates for future webinars in this series:
- Webinar 2: Thursday, May 30, 2019, 3:30-5:00 PM EDT - Building a Foundation on the Streets—Assessing Behavioral Health Needs in Encampments
- Webinar 3: Thursday, June 27, 2019, 3:30-5:00 PM EDT - Behavioral Health Care Outside of the Box—Providing Services and Treatment to Unsheltered Persons