SSVF Program Update Friday May 24, 2019
* Confidentiality Notice * This electronic message may contain confidential and legally protected information, intended only for the use of the individual or entity named in the message header. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party and is required to delete the electronic message after its stated need has been fulfilled. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this electronic message and/or any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for your electronic email address to be removed from the sender's personal address book and/or distribution list.Topics:
1. Register Now: SSVF National Webinar, June 13, 2019, at 2:00 EDT
2. Announcement: Proposed Amendment to 38 CFR 62
3. Register Now: Rapid Resolution Office Hours Call, June 19, 2019, at 12:00 EDT
4. Update: Unannounced Standardized Veteran (USV) SSVF "Secret Shopper"
5. Reminder: SSVF Program Change Request Requirements available in GIFTS
6. Reminder: Updated Rapid Resolution Compliance Guide
Register Now: SSVF National Webinar, June 13, 2019, 2:00 EDT
This webinar will provide an overview of the new SAMHSA SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR) for Children initiative. During the presentation, Kristin Lupfer and Jen Elder from the SOAR TA center will describe how the SOAR model can assist children in Veteran families, who have disabling conditions, access income, and health insurance to stabilize housing and maximize treatment options. The presenters will cover child SSI eligibility, the SOAR Online Course: Child Curriculum, and how grantees can become involved in their local SOAR initiative. Kristin and Jen will be available for questions from grantees about SOAR for Children and can assist in connecting grantees to local, state, and national SOAR contacts.
Register for the upcoming webinar here:
Announcement: Proposed Amendment to 38 CFR 62
On May 19, 2019, a proposed rule was published in the Federal Register that would offer the option of a new SSVF rental subsidy in targeted communities. This rental subsidy would potentially become available starting October 1, 2019, in communities designated under Priority 3 in the last NOFA, which included the following CoCs: CA-500, CA-501, CA-502, CA-600, CA-601, DC-500, HI-501, IL-510, NY-600, and WA-500. Planning meetings will be scheduled for these CoCs to discuss the proposed rule.
The proposed rule is available on the SSVF website at:
Register Now: Rapid Resolution Office Hours Call, June 19, 2019, 12:00 PM EDT
The SSVF Program Office will continue to support grantees in their efforts to implement Rapid Resolution in their communities by holding Office Hours calls on the third Wednesday of each month. SSVF Program Office staff and Technical Assistance Providers will be available to answer questions and provide guidance during this time.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Update: Unannounced Standardized Veteran (USV) SSVF "Secret Shopper"
USV Mystery Shoppers have been in the field visiting SSVF grantees. They have reported that since the initial visits earlier this year, SSVF providers have improved their process for documenting Veteran status as well as overall customer service to Veterans. USV Mystery Shoppers said that while customer service has improved, the majority of providers did not have Veterans Bill of Rights posters clearly posted at their site. The SSVF program office reminds grantees that all providers are required to have the Veterans Bill of Rights poster visible to Veterans visiting grantee intake and engagement sites. For more information on the USV Mystery Shopper grantees are encouraged to review the SSVF webinar on Customer Service here:
Grantees may download the Veterans Bill of Rights Poster here:
Questions or concerns contact your Regional Coordinator or:
SSVF Satisfaction Team
Katie Morrissett Catherine.Morrissett@va.gov
Rico Aiello Riccardo.Aiello@va.gov
Reminder: SSVF Program Change Request Requirements available in GIFTS
The SSVF Program Change requirements are now available in GIFTS. All requests for program changes, including budget modifications, must be submitted to the SSVF Program Office through the GIFTS grant management system by June 1, 2019.
This requirement is OPTIONAL and should only be submitted if your agency is requesting a reportable change to your program or budget. Please review the Program Change Companion Guide to determine if a Program Change Request is necessary before submitting the requirement through GIFTS. The Program Change Companion Guide includes descriptions of the various types of program changes and is available on the SSVF website at:
For any questions, please contact your Regional Coordinator.
Reminder: Rapid Resolution Compliance Guide
The SSVF Program Office has released an updated version of the Rapid Resolution Compliance Guide. The guide was developed to help grantees in preparing to add Rapid Resolution services to their SSVF programs. This document will guide grantees on enrollment principles, documentation standards, use of temporary financial assistance, and HMIS data entry requirements.
The Rapid Resolution Compliance Guide is available on the SSVF Website at: