Message from Norm (Quarterly CoC Call Invite)
Continuum of Care Leads,
Communities across the nation have created and implemented Coordinated Entry (CE) policies and procedures and have begun to identify and resolve CE system challenges. For instance, a significant challenge has emerged in CoCs across the nation regarding, prioritization- - extremely long waiting lists in the face of limited CoC homeless-dedicated housing resources. This has been frustrating to CoC and CE staff, and services and housing providers. To address these challenges, HUD piloted a new TA initiative called Community of Practice (CoP) were the first set of sessions focused on dynamic system management in CE systems. CoP is an opportunity to engage with TA providers and peer CoCs to address issues, share ideas, understand goals, next steps, and develop strategies to address common pain points.
Below you will find the information for the next set of quarterly calls. You will hear from SNAPS staff and communities that participated in the CE CoP to hear about lessons learned and where they are now with implementing strategies to improve their CE systems.
- Regions 1- 5 CoC Quarterly Call – Tuesday, November 5th, 2019 at 1:30 – 3:00 EST
- Regions 6- 10 CoC Quarterly Call – Wednesday, November 6th, 2019 at 1:30 – 3:00 EST
To join the call at the specified time, please click the link for the call you wish to join. The webinar can be heard using your computer speakers. Test your audio connection here (https://tdainc.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm) prior to session.
Here are a few notes on the CoC Lead quarterly webinars:
- The webinars have been broken up into two (2) separate Regional calls, information may vary based on communities' presentations.
- If you cannot attend the call designated for your region, you may attend whichever time best fits your schedule, but room on the calls is limited so please only attend one.
- In an effort to keep these meetings interactive, these calls are limited to CoC Leadership, though this can include Collaborative Applicant staff and HMIS Lead staff. Recipients and subrecipients not involved in the CoC Leadership are not invited to attend. Instead, CoC Leadership is expected to take any relevant information back to your CoC and providers.
We look forward to engaging with you in these upcoming meetings! Thank you for all of your efforts in this very important work!