JOBS: Food Pantry Intake Specialist (Baltimore County, MD)
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE NETWORK
The Food Pantry Intake Specialist (FPIS) provides administrative support services within the homeless services department ensuring that standards and quality of services are being met. This includes managing the daily pantry roster, conducting in-depth client interviews and intake, and entering data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). CAN’s mission is to work in partnership with the community to develop, operate and support programs that reduce vulnerability and promote personal growth, stability and self-sufficiency among low-income residents.
• Welcomes and greets clients seeking services.
• Conduct and collect in-depth intake assessments.
• Enters intake survey information and all data into the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), specifically focusing on clients who have selected the ‘Do Not’ Consent’ on their applications.
• Works closely with the Food Pantry Manager & HMIS Coordinator in facilitating compliance to HMIS/Intake policies and procedures.
• Gathers HMIS numbers/data and past case management history.
• Actively support staff that assist individuals with SSI/SSDI applications to take the necessary time to fully develop the documentation needed to insure successful SSI/SSDI applications.
• Maintains and updates appropriate community resources for the food pantry.
• Attends and receives training (HMIS) as needed to complete job duties as stated.
• Maintains service quality assurance and safety protocol by following through and complying with the Food Pantry standard operating procedures.
• Maintains and distributes approved documents for programs, i.e., brochures, fact sheets, flyers, letters, etc.
• Communicates with emergency personnel on incidents requiring their services. Informs the Director of Services of emergency incidents requiring emergency personnel (Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT), Firefighters, Law Enforcement, etc.). Completes emergency incident reports and submits to the Director of Services.
• Executes all office related duties, such as but not limited to: Operates and maintains office equipment (multi-line telephone system, copies, computers, and others), maintains compliance of clientele files.
• Completes proficient data entry on all clients being served in the Human Management Information System (HMIS).
• Completes annual/monthly/biannual/quarterly training courses in, but not limited to, Results Oriented Management and Accountability (ROMA), HMIS, SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery (SOAR), Customer Services, Mental Health, and Safety.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience working with homeless or at-risk population is preferred. Human service experience may be substituted for college degree.
• Strong administrative and/or leadership experience.
• Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop and plan programs.
• Knowledge of community services including job resources and programs for employment.
• Computer literacy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs (specifically Word and Excel); efficient with data entry.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to understand programming and services documents.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Valid State ID or Driver’s license; transportation required.
Send Resumes and Questions To:
410-285-4674 Ext. 118